Inspiration comes from odd places… and sometimes things get creepy.
As I was looking for art to help me write the story, I stumbled across an article from a few months earlier about a homeowner in the Lone Mountain neighborhood of San Francisco – that’s the neighborhood around University of San Francisco, where I went to school – finding a sealed coffin under the garage floor during a remodel.
Links & References:
- The Dog Days of Podcasting homepage
- Under Glass – full text at MissMeliss.com
- Under Glass (in audio), part of Spooky Short Stories, Vol. II
- Under Glass was read by Mark, the Encaffeinated One. Find out more about him at encaffeinated.ca or visit theweirdshow.com
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock iPad app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Music used for the opening and closing is David Popper’s “Village Song” as performed by Cello Journey. This music came from the podsafe music archive at Mevio’s Music Alley, which site is now defunct.
- Image Source: Facebook Flash-Prompt Group.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 5:39 — 6.9MB)