#Audio. #Halloween A collection of five short-short stories for the season. Read by the Bathtub Mermaid and Friends.
I reach around him and grab the bottle from his far hand, then take a swig. “Not bad,” I said. “Tastes like a ninety-nine… maybe a two thousand. Virgin?”
“Virgin,” he confirms. “Two thousand. Carpathian blend. Shall I heat it for you?
“Please.” I go to the couch and wrap a cotton throw around my legs. He joins me a few minutes later, handing me my favorite mug – a smiley-face with fangs – full of steaming liquid. For himself, he’s got scrambled eggs and a hamburger patty. He says protein is essential.
Links and References
- Bottled Up and With Teeth were read by The Bathtub Mermaid
- Duet For Two Young Superheroes was read by Clay Robeson. Learn more about Clay: about.me/ClayR
- Etiquette was read by Nuchtchas of Nutty Bites. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.
- A Piece of Midnight was read by Jason Gregory Banks of Talk Nerdy 2 Me. You can also find him on Facebook and Twitter.
- All of the stories in this episode were written by The Bathtub Mermaid for this year’s HorrorDailies challenge. Find this year’s archive at MissMeliss.com
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock iPad app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Music used for the opening and closing is a mix of Chris Zabriskie’s “The Oceans Continue to Rise” from the Free Music Archive and Kevoy’s clip of whales off the coast of French Polynesia from Freesound.
- Chris Zabriskie’s song is also used under some readings.
- Incidental music for this episode is Ghost Dance by Kevin MacLeod, courtesy of the Free Music Archive
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: email@example.com
- Or, leave a comment on this page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:47 — 31.5MB)
Each segment is different and eerie, amusing, loving, and sensual
This was so fun! It was a perfect little Halloween listen. Every single one of the stories was excellent and so creative! I had trouble hearing some of them because the music would overshadow the narrator, but I just cranked up the volume! Thank you!