#Audio. #flashfiction #covidsmetamorphosis When your partner is a synthetic lifeform, family planning takes on a whole new dimension.
“We lost a son,” I corrected. And we had, two years before Elizabeth was born. Our son, Jake, had been stillborn. There had been no discernible cause. Sometimes, even with all the technology of many, many worlds, horrible things just… happened. “We are not building a replacement.”
Links and References
- Read the text version: Family Planning
- Visit the folks participating in DDOQ (Dog Days of Quarantine)
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the Auphonic iPhone app and Audacity.
- Photo by stock photo from 123rf.com
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Sound Effects are from Freesound.
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: email@example.com
- Or, leave a comment on this page.