#audio #memorial #flashfic #flashfiction #nichellenichols #spacesirens
Every so often, there is a mortal being inducted into the siren’s sisterhood. Our linear, finite lifetimes necessitate that this happens only when such a person has finished her last song. When that happens, the sirens come to guide her past their mother-heart to a place where time has no meaning.
Links and References
- Learn about The Dog Days of Podcasting
- Read the entire piece: MissMeliss.com
The Bathtub Mermaid is now on Patreon! If you like the stories and essays I share, and want to have occasional visits from Mei-Mei del Mare, please consider subscribing.
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the Auphonic iPhone app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Sound Effects are from Freesound.
- Image Credit for this piece: e online
- Song Credit for this piece: “Beyond Antares,” by Wilbur Hatch and Gene L. Coon, performed by Nichelle Nichols
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, leave a comment on this page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 4:47 — 4.5MB)