#Audio. #Flashfic Jane is alone for Christmas this year… isn’t she?
Barely five feet tall, the tree stood in the center of the bay window that gave Jane’s living room much of its charm. She’d meant to hire someone to hang outside lights on the window, but had never gotten around to it, so the tree was the lone representative of Christmas, save for the four empty stockings hanging from the mantle. One was hers, of course, and one would hold the dog’s annual treat, but the other two were for her parents, even though they had made it clear they weren’t doing Christmas that year.
Links and References
- Read the text of The Coziness of a Silent Night at MissMeliss.com
- Check out all the participants in the Dog Days of Advent.
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock iPad app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Music used for the opening and closing is a mix of Chris Zabriskie’s “The Oceans Continue to Rise” from the Free Music Archive and Kevoy’s clip of whales off the coast of French Polynesia from Freesound.
- Chris Zabriskie’s song is also used under some readings.
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, leave a comment on this page.