#Audio. #FlashFic. A mermaid finds the perfect gift for her lover.
Studying her work, Harmony moved a shell one level higher and replaced it with a piece of blue sea glass. Blue and red were her favorites, and they were also the rarest colors. She’d heard the humans on the beach make similar comments, which is why she was certain Oskar would appreciate her gift to him.
Oh, the thunder god she’d been in love with for half of forever didn’t really celebrate Christmas the way her kind did. Rather, he observed the winter solstice and the way it marked the end of the increasing darkness in his world. But he brought her gifts every time they met, and she was all too aware that she had little to offer.
Links and References
- Read the text of Jingle Shells at MissMeliss.com
- Check out all the participants in the Dog Days of Advent.
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock iPad app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Music used for the opening and closing is a mix of Chris Zabriskie’s “The Oceans Continue to Rise” from the Free Music Archive and Kevoy’s clip of whales off the coast of French Polynesia from Freesound.
- Chris Zabriskie’s song is also used under some readings.
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: email@example.com
- Or, leave a comment on this page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 4:02 — 4.0MB)