She noticed that the floor was covered in dusty reddish-brown soil. Marin was beginning to hate the stuff. It was everywhere, tracked into her café by colonists and members of the space corps, and swirling in on its own every time the airlock was activated. She had hoped being under the dome would lessen the dust factor, but it appeared she’d been wrong.
Special Thanks To
Chuck Tomasi & Kreg Steppe of Technorama
Visit them at Technorama.
The Bathtub Mermaid, Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock
Music for The Bathtub Mermaid is provided by Mevio’s Music Alley, a great resource for podsafe music. The opening song is “Soap in a Bathtub,” by Stoney. The closing song is “You Can Use My Bathtub, by Little Thom.
Questions or comments? Use the comment form at the bottom of each entry. You can also follow me on twitter: @Melysse
– Originally recorded on 26 August 2013
– Includes a reading of my cafe vignette, “Steeping,” which was written the day before.
– An excerpt from “Steeping” can be found below:
I can’t believe you lingered here long enough to let espresso go cold, as busy as it is in here today,” Sarah ventured once they were alone again.
“I was working on a poem,” David confessed.
“I had no idea you were a poet. Are you published? Can I read your stuff?”
“I am, when I’m not wearing bike pants and delivering documents around town,” David answered, taking each of her questions in order. “I’ve published a couple pieces here and there,” he continued. “And as to reading it…the stuff I’m working on right now needs to steep a bit.”
– Originally recorded and shared via SoundCloud on 20 August 2013
– Includes a reading of my cafe vignette “Strawberry,” which I wrote in 2007.
– After I recorded this episode, I turned “Strawberry” into a one-shot TNG fanfic with Data. It’s in the same universe as a Data/OFC epic I’ve been working on now and then since 2008.
– Link: Strawberry (the fanfic version) at FanFiction.net