#Audio. #FlashFiction. Inspired by world cup soccer and a recent visit to Madrid.
I apologize for my bad language skills. “Me Español es muy mal y Mexicana,” I explain.
He counters, “Me Ingles es como humo.” Like smoke.
But I understand more Spanish than I can speak, and even though the Castillian accent throws me a little, somehow, we manage to communicate.
Links and References
- Read the text of this piece at MissMeliss.com
- Learn more about the Dog Days of Podcasting
- Learn more about The Literal Challenge
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock iPad app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Music used for the opening and closing is a mix of Chris Zabriskie’s “The Oceans Continue to Rise” from the Free Music Archive and Kevoy’s clip of whales off the coast of French Polynesia from Freesound.
- Chris Zabriskie’s song is also used under some readings.
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, leave a comment on this page.