#Audio. #ShortShort A challenge to write a story about birth.
“Am I being kidnapped?” he asks, only half-kidding.
The corpsman is the size of a linebacker, black, with dark eyes that are difficult to read. His looks make him more likely to be on a football field or at the door of a disreputable bar than in a military hospital. But Miller feels like the bigger man can be trusted.
“Thought I already was.”
“Rescue,” the corpsman says, “is an ongoing process.”
Links and References
- Learn about my guest reader, Jason Gregory Banks of the Talk Nerdy 2 Me podcast.
- Read the text of this piece at MissMeliss.com
- Learn more about the Dog Days of Podcasting
- Learn more about The Literal Challenge
- The Bathtub Mermaid: Tales from the Tub is written and produced by Melissa A. Bartell, and is recorded and produced using the BossJock iPad app and Audacity.
- Bathtub Mermaid album art was created by Rebecca Moran of Moran Media
- Music used for the opening and closing is a mix of Chris Zabriskie’s “The Oceans Continue to Rise” from the Free Music Archive and Kevoy’s clip of whales off the coast of French Polynesia from Freesound.
- Chris Zabriskie’s song is also used under some readings.
- Twitter: @Melysse
- Facebook: MissMelysse
- Instagram: @Melysse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, leave a comment on this page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 11:29 — 13.9MB)
Just as touching the second time around. The reader ticked it to life.
Feliz Cumpleaños, mi amor!